100% Pure Hungarian Goose Down Duvet
This beautifully warm duvet is also exceptionally light and uses the very best in quality materials to deliver soft, long-lasting comfort.
Extra light and with great insulation, this duvet is made using top-quality materials. The filling is 100% pure Hungarian Snow White Goose down, which we source directly from Hungary’s top manufacturer of natural fillings. This is then hand-filled into the pure cotton casing, creating a beautifully comfortable and soft duvet. It is quality you can rely on to last for many years to come.
Superb 100% down filling
· This down filling has fantastic fill power of minimum 700, which means it is extra light and exceedingly fluffy. In fact is it so light that the total weight of the filling used for the 13.5 tog duvet is only 1360 grams, and just under double that when the casing is included.
· In its treatment process, the down filling is washed, sterilised and steam cleaned to the very highest standard. It is washed in thermal spring water, which is so pure that there are fewer tiny particles that can remain inside the down. The down is then dried at 135 degrees for 20 minutes to complete the sterilisation process.
Filling certified compliant with the Responsible Down Standard sourcing scheme (RDS). This ensures the down comes from geese which have been well treated and that is has followed an audited chain from farm to finished product.
Great quality and feel
· The fabric used for the duvet casing matches the high quality of the down filling. It is 100% pure cotton and a superior 330 fine yarns per square inch. We use this rather than a jacquard weave as that is less even and crucially can prove unstable over time. The lifetime of a duvet depends hugely on the integrity of the casing. This great casing means we would expect you to be still enjoying this product in 20 to 30 years’ time.
· As the filling is pure down, with no feathers, and the casing has such a high thread count, this minimises the chance of filling penetrating the casing.
· The duvet casing is in a cassette box construction, with each cassette box pocket approximately 14 inches square. This allows for the perfect distribution of the generous filling. Each pocket is separated with internal baffle walls rather than stitched through from top to bottom, so avoiding cold spots.
· The quality of stitching, piping and presentation is exceptional. Our supplier works mainly selling to the most demanding markets in the world for down-filled products, including Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Japan, and this can be seen in the level of duvet finishing. We are proud to be bringing such high quality into the UK market.
· Manufactured in Scotland to the highest standards, this beautiful duvet comes with a full 15-year guarantee. You also have peace of mind with our no quibble returns policy.
This duvet is anti-allergenic, as guaranteed by its Nomite label, with dust mites unable to get through the casing. Our manufacturer is also one of an exclusive few companies certified by the International Down and Feather Testing Laboratory (IDFL).
If you love the 100% Hungarian Goose Down Duvet, why not complement your lovely duvet with our 100% Hungarian Goose Down Pillows or 850 Fill Power 100% Hungarian Supreme White Goose Down Pillows.
What size of duvet?
The 100% Hungarian Goose Down Duvet is available in Single, Double, King, Super King or Emperor sizes. Our Size guide has a full list of measurements if you are unsure which is the right size of duvet for your bed, or phone us on 0800 121 4659 for advice.
We also supply non-standard sizes of duvet. Just give us a call or email us with the size measurements you need for your duvet and we will arrange for a bespoke size for you.
What tog rating?
This duvet is available in 6 standard tog options:2.5 Tog, 4.5 tog, 9 tog, 10.5 tog, 13.5 tog and 15 tog. Please note that the 2.5, and 4.5 tog duvets do not contain internal baffle walls to control the distribution of filling.
We are also happy to provide any bespoke tog option, so do let us know if you require a different tog rating for your 100% Pure Hungarian Goose Down Duvet.
Our tog range includes our all-season combination duvet made up of two duvets, one 4.5 tog and one 9 tog. These can be used separately or together to give you the right tog rating for the time of year. We can also offer any bespoke tog combination you want.
We understand that tog preference is very much down to the individual, but we are always willing to advise on possible solutions or to discuss the options with you.
Washing and care instructions
When your 100% Pure Hungarian Goose Down Duvet arrives, please unpack it and let it rest in a warm place for 24 hours. This is so the pure down filling can recover all its exceptional lightness and loft before you sink into it for the first time.
Your duvet can be machine washed at 40⁰ C and tumble dried at a low temperature, but please do not dry clean it.