For a wonderful sleep experience, it is hard to beat the feel and comfort of a truly luxurious Silk Duvet.
Sumptuous to the touch, beautifully soft and known for its temperature-regulating properties, silk is a perfect choice for a good night’s sleep. Our Silk Duvets are exclusively manufactured for us by one of the best Chinese manufacturers using the very finest of materials, but without compromising in terms of cost. This means this superb silk bedding becomes an affordable luxury for our customers.
High-grade silk – inside and out
· Our Silk Duvet’s outer casing uses a superior 16 momme Charmeuse silk (the momme weight is the weight of 100 yards of the silk in pounds). This is a higher grade silk than the more commonly used Habotai silk, and indeed many manufacturers even substitute cotton for the outer casing to lower costs. At The Duvet Store, you can be sure we only use high-quality silk throughout for our Silk Duvets.
· This beautiful silk casing has a fantastic lustre and lovely feel.
· The high-quality material ensures your Silk Duvet has a most exquisite drape as well as being incredibly long-lasting.
· The filling uses extra-long Mulberry silk fibres that are hand woven into layers of webbing. Intricate stitching ensures the filling is delicately secured.
Ideal sleep environment
· Silk is renowned for its properties of temperature regulation, working with your body to create the right sleep environment for you. The high-quality silk casing ensures moisture is not absorbed and stored through the night. It also has a far higher capacity to remain dry than cotton.
· The Silk Duvet is also ideal for allergy sufferers as it is the most completely natural fibre used in bedding.
· Our Silk Duvets are hand produced with the silk filling laid back and forth to create a secure webbing. This is then delicately stitched to prevent any movement of the filling.
· As there is a discreet zip in the duvet casing, you can actually see and touch the quality of silk inside. Such great attention to detail also means that the care label is inside and does not show through your bed linen.
· The edge of the duvet is exquisitely piped and double stitched. Each duvet also has small ties that allow for two silk duvets to be neatly attached if you want the tog flexibility, and any of our three weights of Silk Duvet can be combined like this.
· Our Silk Duvets are all Oeko Tex Certified, which means the materials were tested for harmful substances. They are also guaranteed for 10 years and covered by our no quibble returns policy.
If you love our Silk Duvets, why enhance your sleep environment further with our luxurious silk pillow choices.
Silk Duvet sizes
Our Silk Duvets are available in Single, Double, King, Super King and Emperor sizes. Take a look at our Size guide for all the key measurements you need to make sure you get the right size of duvet for your bed or call us for advice.
All our Silk Duvets are available for 24-hour delivery to mainland UK.
There are three different warmth options available for our Silk Duvets, with the range recently being extended to include a winter weight for the first time. You can now choose from the lightweight 2.5 tog, the mid-range 7.5 tog and the cosier 12 tog.
You can also attach any two silk duvets together to give you flexibility over the right tog rating for the season. Combining 2.5 and 7.5 tog is a popular choice.
Wash and care instructions
This luxurious silk duvet cannot be washed or dry cleaned.
Each duvet is supplied in a pure cotton drawstring bag, perfect for storing your beautiful duvet safely.